Cleanroom Wall Panel Substrates, which is best for my application?
Cleanroom Wall Panel Substrates
Cleanroom FAQs: What determines the type of wall surface used to create a cleanroom?
QUESTION: What determines the type of Wall Panel Substrates used to create a cleanroom?
Many industries require a controlled environment with minimal particle counts to successfully conduct product manufacturing and packaging. From Pharmaceutical Cleanrooms to Aerospace Cleanrooms, modular wall systems provide a durable surface that is easy to clean and can be quickly adapted to resize or shape the cleanroom. Due to the wide range of cleanroom applications, you have several factors to consider when choosing your cleanroom’s modular wall systems and your Wall Panel Substrates. When scoping a cleanroom for your business, you have to take into account the following:
- The desired cleanliness level of the controlled environment
- The people and product process within the room
- The cleanliness of the surrounding environment
- The criticality of temperature, humidity and air change rates
- Load bearing requirements
- Type of Wall Panel Substrates
First you must understand that your cleanroom wall panels will be classified by ISO’s standards (ISO 6, 7, 8 etc.). If you need an ISO certified cleanroom, the wall panel surface will need to be carefully chosen. The lower the ISO cleanroom class, the cleaner the application. Most ISO classified rooms require the Wall Panel Substrates used in construction to have a surface that will not shed particulate or fibers, therefore contributing to a clean environment.
Cleanroom Wall Panel Substrates include but are not limited to:
- High pressure laminates
- Smooth aluminum
- Fiberglass reinforced plastic
- Painted Steel
Cleanroom Supply – Cleanroom Wall Systems
Modular Cleanroom Wall Systems
- Pharma stud-less cleanroom wall systems
- Pharma cleanroom wall systems feature:
- UPVC-coated steel finishes
- Aluminum honeycomb core cleanroom wall panels
- Utility chases with flush receptacles
- “Cold weld” adhesive caulked joints for flush finish
- Radius corners, floors and ceilings
- Concealed within the wall, cleanroom wall panel systems can support:
- Cleanroom electrical cabling and receptacles
- Cleanroom telephone cabling and receptacles
- Cleanroom networking cabling and receptacles
- Windows are available in all wall panels for presentation and viewing