Should I Use Reusable Cleanroom Garments?
Continuous Washing, Sterilizing and Wearing impacts the performance of Reusable Cleanroom Garments
It’s time to reconsider using reusable cleanroom garments. The continuous washing wearing and sterilization cycles of reusable cleanroom garments constantly degrade the properties of the fabric reducing their effectiveness. A study conducted by Dupont scientists discovered just how much the performance of reusable garments decreased by stimulating 30 sterilization cycles. After only 20 cycles, the air permeability increased while the barrier as measured by hydrostatic head decreased. After 30 cycles Helmke Drum Testing showed a noticeable increase in particle shedding. The tear strength of the reusable garments dropped an average of 60% but with DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean® single use garments, the Tear strength is uniform, the particle shedding is the lowest in the Dupont controlled environment portfolio and the barrier protection is known and consistent.
DuPont is a science company dedicated to solving challenging global problems, while creating measurable and meaningful value for its customers, employees and shareholders. Our dynamic portfolio of products, materials and services meets the ever-changing market needs of diverse industries in more than 90 countries. We unite around a set of core values—safety and health, environmental stewardship, highest ethical behavior and respect for people.
DuPont was built on a proud heritage and a collaborative ethic. As part of DowDuPont, we continue to partner with like-minded companies to help supply Earth’s burgeoning population with better, safer food; abundant and sustainable energy; and protection for what matters most—our planet and its inhabitants.
DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean® Cleanroom Apparel
DuPont™ Tyvek® IsoClean® delivers an ideal balance of protection, durability and comfort. Both inventory and use costs are predictable.
- Made from DuPont™ Tyvek® brand flash spun polyolefin protective material
- Unique, patented flash spinning process creates an inherent barrier to dry particles, microorganisms and non-hazardous liquids
- Comfortable, lightweight and durable
- Clean-processed garments offer lowest level of particle shedding within DuPont portfolio
- Garments available gamma sterilized to an SAL of 10-6
- Serged or bound seams with covered elastic options
- Bound seam garments offer highest particle barrier within DuPont™ IsoClean® product portfolio
- Full traceability on all sterilized apparel