AirBox Air Purifier Scientifically Proven to Remove >99.99% of Airborne Pathogens, Including MS2 Bacteriophage, a SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) Representative Virus
AirBox Best-in-class certified HEPA portable air purifier; game-changing plug-in solution for light commercial and institutional applications
At a time when a clean and safe air environment is of paramount importance for school systems and businesses, certified HEPA AirBox Air Purifier Peak Series-S has been scientifically proven by independent lab testing company Microchem Laboratory to filter 99.99% of MS2 Bacteriophage, a SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) representative virus, and three other common pathogens in just 25 minutes, achieving a 4 log reduction of particulates.
The best commercial-grade portable plug-in air purifiers on the market, AirBox Peak Series-S and the larger Apex Series are industrial products that have been adapted for schools, workplaces, hospitality spaces, and other institutional or light commercial environments. The EPA registered AirBox provides the same level of air exchange used in cleanrooms, hospitals, and healthcare facilities around the country.
“Many air purifier manufacturers will advertise they use ‘HEPA-like,’ ‘True HEPA,’ or ‘HEPA-style’ filters which do not satisfy the certified HEPA standard,” said Tim Self, AirBox founder and inventor who has engineering experience in the disciplines of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and micro-contamination. “According to the CDC, you need a certified HEPA filter to mitigate the spread of airborne pathogens, bacteria, and viruses, like COVID-19.”
AirBox Air Purifiers utilize certified High-Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) technology that is tested in accordance with the Institute of Environmental Sciences standards and proven 99.99% effective in capturing particulates at .3 microns and even more effective at capturing particles that are both larger and smaller.
To keep students, employees, customers, and clients safe and healthy in high-traffic locations, AirBox also designs for each customer a Safe Air Plan based on square footage within the space and peak occupancy. Safe Air Plans go beyond what engineering documents recommend for Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM) of airflow in the Breathing Zone (3 inches to 6 feet off the ground).
“COVID-19 has made society more conscientious of the quality and safety of the air we breathe,” said Meredith Teague, President of AirBox, a women-owned business. “The vaccination news is exciting but pathogen threats will remain after this strain subsides. As technology has us spending more time indoors — and with all the health warnings about dangerous chemicals and aerosols profoundly present indoors — we’re becoming more aware than ever of the need to be proactive about our air quality. Much like how we began looking at filtered water 20 years ago.
Combining high-proficiency air filtration with clean-lined, modern design and style, AirBox Air Purifiers are designed by cleanroom industry experts and hand-built by American craftsmen. The Peak Series-S and Apex Series boast the following features that set them at a higher standard than most competitors:
- HDPE enclosure on Peak-S model (High-Density Polyethylene treated with Antimicrobial)
- 3-stage filtration including antimicrobial filtration
- Portable and built to run 24/7
- A true engineered solution
- Made in the USA with the highest-quality design and components
- Lifetime warranty on materials and craftsmanship (Peak-S), 5-year warranty on fan/motors
- Certified 99.99% HEPA – meets conformance and standards set forth by ASHRAE, OSHA, and the US Department of Energy
- High Clean Air Delivery Rate: 425 CFM – 880 CFM
- Each commercial customer has the option to receive a 3-5 page engineering document to quantify the Safe Air Plan designed based on specifications, and a branding kit (display stickers, postcards, email template, and verbiage) to let their customers know about the clean air technology they have implemented.
- Scientifically tested and proven to remove >99.99% of bacteria and pathogens including MS2 Bacteriophage, a SARS-Cov-2 (COVID-19) representative virus, from the air